A blog dedicated to Backtrack 4 Final, with tips and tricks, plus demonstrations of what this wonderful operating system can do for you. This blog is not officially affiliated with the Backtrack project. It is a blog written by a fan of Backtrack.

1.12.2010

Backtrack 4 Final Just Released!!!

Hello,

I saw the announcement on the full-disclosure mailing list about Backtrack 4 Final being released. I downloaded my iso from the torrent link, so I would not hammer the direct downloads from the BT servers, and I got it really quickly. I burned my copy and currently I am installing it on my spare desktop.

My desktop is a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz, 512mb RAM (PC2700/333Mhz), 30gb hard drive and it's an IBM ThinkCentre. I got the machine for free, from a friend, for doing some wireless networking troubleshooting at his house and he had the spare machine in his closet that I gladly took off his hands in exchange for my less than ten minutes of work. I'm going to upgrade the RAM soon, to 2gb which is the maximum, and throw in a larger hard drive. Newegg has refurbished 320gb Maxtor drives for ~$40 and I purchased on before. I'm extremely pleased with it and it's still going almost a year after I made my purchase.

I'm going to dedicate this blog to showing off what Backtrack 4 Final can offer, in regards to pentesting/security auditing, plus neat tips and tricks. If you have any questions, feel free to post a comment and I will get back to you ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment